Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday, June 25

My sister Karen stayed the night last night, but didn't get too much sleep. Mom has a pick line in her left arm where they go in and draw blood, give meds and is where her IV is. That way they don't have to poke her so many times.

Well she was getting quite a big red spot on her arm just below the pick line and the doctors were concerned. So during the middle of the night they came in and did an ultrasound on her whole arm and neck. Then they gave her a bath! In the middle of the night! I know it went in a little different order than that, but I know my sister was up all night until 4am. She just got to sleep and xray came in at 4:30am to do a chest xray as they do every morning.

Well I got up there just before 10am to relieve her, but she stayed for quite a while. Mom slept most of the morning after her rough night.

Karen finally left to get some sleep.

The doctor came in and told me that the spot on her arm was a blood clot and they wanted to move the pick line to the other arm. So a couple of hours later they came in to do that. She was a very good patient for that.

Mom did stay awake quite a while at different period of time. I asked her if she wanted her hair washed and she nodded yes, so the nurses assistant came right in and washed her hair. She nodded that that felt really good. I rubbed lotion on her face and hands. Boy she sure is getting spoiled!

My brother Dave is staying the night tonight, so lets hope he has a better night than Karen.

Keep the prayers coming, we can see the power of God among us in more ways than this every day. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment