Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday, June 29

Day 12, Well today was a pretty rough day. No one stayed up there last night so I called this morning to see how her night went and they said she pulled her feeding tube out. They went to check on her and found that out so they put it back in and her nose started bleeding and they couldn't get it to stop.

So I got on the phone right away and called my brother Randy and he got up there right away. When I got up there it was a lot worse than I had thought.

With her being on blood thinners the blood wouldn't clot so everytime she tried to swallow it would come out her nose instead. I think between him and I we went through at least 24 washclothes in a 2 hour time frame. That's how bad it was.

Well we finally got her to sleep at least to keep her calm, then the ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor came in and took one look at her and started to clean her up. He got her throat and nose all cleaned out and found where the bleeding was coming from. He found out that the bleeding was coming from way down deep in the nose cavity so he couldn't really pack it and decided to pull the feeding tube out and put a little tube in with a balloon at the end that he inflated right on the ripped area to stop the bleeding.

While he was there he scoped down to her vocal chords and said that both her vocal chords were working unlike the last time when only one was. He also said that he thinks with time the tongue will strengthen more and she will be able to swallow better. She was swallowing some and nothing was getting into her lungs. So that's great!

When I left at 4pm she was sleeping again and calm.

Updated at 7:48pm:
I just talked to my brother Randy and he is still up there and said that she is still sleeping very soundly. The ENT doctor did come back to check on her and he said everything looked great, no more bleeding.

Well, prayer she has a better night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment